2019 Kia Sportage vs. 2019 Hyundai Tucson
Although the 2019 Hyundai Tucson has a lot to offer, it can’t compete with one of Kia Motors’ best-sellers — the Kia Sportage. The 2019 Kia Sportage offers a more powerful base engine and a wider selection of interior features for only slightly more than the Hyundai Tucson. To show you what we mean, we’ve compared the new Kia Sportage vs. Hyundai Tucson below. Read on to see why the Sportage is a star at Royal Automotive Group! When you’re ready, contact us to schedule a test drive or learn more about the Kia brand and our new vehicle specials!
Kia vs. Hyundai: Performance
- Engine: The Kia Sportage LX gets a 181-hp 2.4 I4 engine rated at 175 lb-ft of torque. The Hyundai Tucson SE gets a less powerful 161-hp 2.0L I4 engine rated at 150 lb-ft of torque.
- Fuel Economy: With their base powertrains, both SUVs earn 23 mpg city/30 mpg highway.
- Towing Capacity: Properly equipped, the Sportage can tow up to 1,650 pounds, while the Tucson maxes out at 1,000 pounds.
Kia vs. Hyundai: Interior Features
The 2019 Kia Sportage has a starting MSRP of $23,750, while the 2019 Hyundai Tucson starts at $23,200. As SUVs with similar prices, you’ll find similar features inside their cabins, such as cruise control, a 6-speaker audio system, split-folding rear seats, power windows and door locks, and remote keyless entry. However, the Kia Sportage pulls ahead with several standard and optional features not found on the Tucson SE.
- Satellite radio
- Optional heated front seats
- Optional multi-adjustable driver’s seat
- Optional dual-zone automatic climate control
- Optional dual illuminated vanity mirrors
Kia vs. Hyundai: Warranty
Both the Hyundai warranty and Kia warranty are industry-leading. This is one area where the Kia Sportage and Hyundai Tucson are well-matched. Both SUVs are protected by the following warranty coverages:
- 5-year/60,000-mile bumper-to-bumper warranty
- 12-year/100,000-mile powertrain warranty
- 5-year/60,000-mile roadside assistance
Test Drive the Kia Sportage at Royal Automotive Group in Tucson!
When you compare the Kia Sportage vs. Hyundai Tucson, the Kia SUV emerges as more powerful and better equipped. Not to mention, it’s protected by a stellar Kia warranty. Notably, the same advantage applies in another Kia SUV comparison, which pits the Sorento against the Highlander.
Explore the Kia Sportage and other Kia SUVs at Royal Automotive Group — a reputable Kia dealer serving Oro Valley and Green Valley. Contact us to schedule a test drive or learn more about our new vehicle specials!
*2018 Model photo displayed